Foodie Fridays: Yoghurt pancakes



   It's been a while since my last Foodie Fridays post. Mostly because I moved to my own place so I wasn't really feeling pressured to cook much since I'm alone. Not to mean that I don't still cook. Just that I don't necessarily cook elaborate meals. I'm a student on the go from books to classes therefore I try to keep things simple. But maybe that's what I'll blog about next. Easy-to-make healthy meals for the busy 20-something on the go? Do I hear a yay? Ok, you got me, I'll do it! :)

   If you've been following my Foodie Fridays posts you may have noticed that I have a thing for breakfast foods. I won't lie, for me it is the most important meal of the day. It would take a mutually agreed-upon fast for religious reasons for me to miss breakfast...I kid you not. Anyway, last night I found myself craving pancakes so I decided to make some (No judgement please). However I was all out of milk but I had plenty of yoghurt in the fridge. So I did what any dairy-lover would, I used yoghurt instead. I promise you you'll love it. Especially if the yoghurt is flavoured because then you'll get this amazing twist to the taste.

   So without further ado, here goes:

Ingredients
·          2 eggs
·         4 teaspoons of sugar
·         1/2 a cup of self-raising flour
·         Approximately 1 cup of yoghurt 
·         1 teaspoon of vanilla essence

(Makes 8 pancakes)

This is the yoghurt I used


Method
1.       Crack the eggs and pour the insides into a bowl. Add the sugar and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth and frothy (If you don’t have a whisk, feel free to use a fork)
2.       Add the flour and mix, while gradually adding yoghurt until you get a smooth consistency. The mixture will however be thicker than ordinary pancake batter so don't worry about that.

My batter

3.       Heat pan and pour in about a table-spoon of oil (I personally don’t like having my food too oily)
4.       Pour in a little amount of batter, tilt the pan to spread it around and cook at low to medium heat until the base has set, then flip it over and remove when both sides are cooked. Do the same for the rest of the batter.



Bon apetit!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We need adultier adults

Foodie Fridays: Shepherd's pie with nyama choma

Different kinds of people in the exam room